Monday, August 17, 2015

   This morning, I woke up tired, and sore.  Yoga was the last thing I felt like doing.  I would have preferred to stay on my couch consuming cup after cup of hot tea, while petting my cat and watching the sun pop up.  Instead, I went to yoga, and here's what happened.  I had an amazing practice.  I didn't go deeper into poses, or all the sudden get a burst of energy and feel really strong.  I felt consistently a little weak, and a little tight.  I accepted the fact that I was tired, and just let my practice be what it was going to be.  And what it was was extremely focused, extremely meditative, and extremely nurturing.  Sure my body resisted opening up more than usual, but I listened, relaxed a little more, breathed a little more, and little by little felt my sore tired body open up.  At the end I felt awake, a bit more energized, and like my body was saying a big old 'thank you' to my soul.  It felt amazing.  Just one testament to why you should always get on your mat.  After all, practice is the goal.

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment